Please see below for a few quick reminders and time-sensitive information items.
- We are looking forward to connecting with parents at the upcoming Learning Conferences. As you know, this year all parent meetings are being offered remotely (either online or via telephone). Please connect with your child’s teacher directly if you are needing to set up a meeting to discuss student learning.
- All schools have a 3 hour early dismissal on Thursday, Nov. 19th (tomorrow) to allow for learning conferences. At Happy Valley, dismissal will be at 11:28. Buses will also run 3 hours early and will pick up at the school at 12:20.
- Yesterday we distributed ordering samples for “ART CARDS”. The Art Cards are created by our amazing student artists and are a wonderful keepsake. This is also a PAC fundraiser and we sincerely appreciate your support. Orders are due this Sunday, November 22nd. To order, please go to artcardsbykids.com, using the red code on the back of the card.
- Purdy’s Chocolate orders are due on Sunday November 22nd. Go to https://fundraising.purdys.com/1040000-78846 to order now!
- If parents have any questions about Art Cards or Purdy’s, please email PAC at HVPAC@hotmail.com or join the PAC Facebook group at Happy Valley Elementary Parent Advisory Council.
- This Friday, November 20th is a Pro D day for all staff. Students are not in session.
- The parking lot nearest our playground is reserved for staff only between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm daily. Thank you for using the larger lot when parking at school within these hours.
- Thank you to those parents who are wearing masks at school and standing 2 metres apart from our class line ups in the morning. We are relying on our adults to maintain distancing.
- In December, Happy Valley will be supporting the “10,000 Tonight” Fundraiser and Food Drive at Royal Bay. Thank you for tucking away those non-perishable food items and donations. More information will be forthcoming!
Thank you for your continued supportive involvement at school.
Happy Valley Elementary